COVID-19 Safety Plan for PACIFIC HARMONY LOGISTICS INC. (PHL INC. dba Pacific Harmony Limousines, Seasons Event Group and Vancouver Wine Tours)
At PHL Inc. we have assessed our workplaces in order to identify places where the risk of virus transmission occurs.
The virus that causes COVID-19 spreads through droplets when a person coughs or sneezes, or from touching a contaminated surface before touching the face.
- Our passengers congregate in the passengers’ compartment of the vehicles.
- The drivers get in contact with the passengers when they get in and out of the limo and when handling passengers’ luggage.
- The surfaces touched often by passengers are doorknobs, car hand holders, seat belts, seats, door handles, CD Player buttons, lights and AC switches.
- The drivers are touching the: car key, pre-trip inspection reports, steering wheel, doorknobs, seat belts, seats, door handles and other limousines buttons.
Measures to reduce the risk
PHL Inc. selected and implemented measures to minimize the risk of transmission trough:
1. Maintaining physical distance
- We have reduced the occupancy of the vehicles to 50%. Drivers must avoid physical contact with passengers.
- We eliminate the use of the front passenger seat.
- Drivers should maintain a distance of two meters when serving the customers.
- Drivers have to keep the partition closed between chauffeur and passengers compartments all the time.
- When the physical distance cannot be respected due to the number of passengers, the driver should encourage the passengers to use of non-medical masks, understanding that these have limitations.
2. Cleaning and hygiene
- PHL Inc. is providing drivers with an adequate supply of hand sanitizers, masks, gloves and alcohol-based disinfectant wipes.
- must wash their hands as often as possible.
- insure sure that there are tissues and wipes within reach of passengers.
- insure sure that there are hand sanitizers for passengers to use at the start of the ride.
- use hand sanitizer or disinfectant wipes after handling cash or cards.
- will advise passengers of basic hygiene etiquette.
- will offer masks for the people that don’t have
- will ensure that seats, seat belts, door handles, CD Player buttons, lights and AC switches, windows and any other places that passengers might touch are wiped down before each ride.
- will remove any unnecessary tools or equipment that may elevate the risk of transmission of Covid -19
PHL Inc. Policies when Covid-19 flu like symptoms are identified
- The workers showing symptoms of COVID-19 are prohibited from the workplace.
- The customers showing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be taken in our vehicles.
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
- Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- We are not taking in this time passengers that arrive from outside of Canada.
- Sick workers must go straight home and Consult the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool, or call 811 for further guidance.
- If the worker is severely ill (e.g., difficulty breathing, chest pain) they must call 911.
- We will clean and disinfect any surfaces that the ill driver has come into contact with.
- We require contact information for every distinct party that rides in our vehicles or takes our Wine Tours
3. Developing communication plans and training
We have updated Driver’s Responsibilities and trained the drivers to ensure everyone is constantly aware and applying Covid-19 related workplace policies and procedures.
All drivers are regularly retrained and mandated to staying home when sick.
4. Monitoring our workplace and updating the plans as necessary. Reassessing and addressing risks from resuming and scaling operations
We have reviewed and prepared each vehicle to allow for a safe and effective process for cleaning our limousines and protecting our drivers and our customers.
If the things change we will take all necessary steps to update policies and procedures. We are training our drivers to identify risks of transmission in every aspect of our service and to assist with mitigation and updating new rules or responsibilities
We will make changes to our policies and procedures as necessary.